One of the worst contaminants known is the silent but dangerous growth of mold. Mold can grow indoors on wet or damp surfaces, such as wallpaper, ceiling tiles, carpets, insulation material, wood and drywall. It can start to grow within 48 hours and if left unchecked, can have serious impacts on both your quality of life and your home’s physical structure. If you see signs of mold or suspect that it has infected your home, we’re here to help remediate the problem and prevent long-term damage.
For molds to grow and reproduce, they only need an organic food source, such as cellulose, which is found in building materials such as wood and drywall.
If there are dark spots on your ceiling, floors or walls, this is a sure sign of mold growth. Musty odors and mildew are often signs that mold may be growing in your home. Respiratory and allergy symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, trouble breathing and wheezing are a common indicator of mold growth as well. Also, high humidity levels such as condensation on glass and metal surfaces are a warning sign of mold.
Despite what’s readily known about mold, it remains the subject of a lot of confusion.
Doing it yourself is not recommended. At ServiceMaster Restore, our experts have completed intensive mold remediation training as well as detailed instruction in the proper procedures for handling mold claims.
Take action at the first sign of mold. If the mold growth already seems large, call the experts at ServiceMaster Restore at 1-800-RESPOND. For more information on mold, Contact Us.